Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The ABC's of me

...because I haven't updated this thing in a while. Lots of things going on lately, but not really anything I want to share with the world and, for the most part, it's quite boring... like school stuff and all.  So here's a fun little diddy, for just cause... and because i'm taking a break from the books right now.

A- Age: I'm not feeling like i'm in my 20's anymore, and that makes me sad.  I'm not sure i could get away with looking 23 anymore, although, i don't look my age? which is a good thing.  Let's just say that the grey is getting quite prominent and the smile lines are getting deeper.

B- Bed size: Depending on which bed i sleep in that night.  It varies from the couch, to a twin, to a queen, to a king.  The couch is just uncomfortable (unless i move to the downstairs one... i LOVE that one!), the twin is just too hard to get comfortable on with little knees in your back, the king feels TOO big, but then again, sometimes the queen feels too small.  I'm not complaining... just saying.  Oh, and to answer the question... the master bedroom houses the king, which i sleep in most of the time anyways.

C- Chore you hate: cleaning tubs with the toilets in a close 2nd.  Tubs are just HARD to clean, add a few jets in the mix, and it seems impossible.  Note to self: although jetted tubs seem like a great idea, you don't ever use it and they are a PAIN to clean... cross that... impossible to clean.

D- Dog's name: Pudge (RIP), PJ (RIP), Gabby (RIP), and Scooter... sigh.  Anyone looking for a good dog?  LOVE Scooter to death and i love the idea of having pets, but the third child was a doozie.  Add a dog to the mix and i'm SO overwhelmed.

E- Essential food/item: Ro-Tel, Chicken (but i think i'm over the chicken bit for now after a little food poisoning spell - BLECK!), canned tomatoes, ground meat of some sort, chili peppers and cheese.  Makes for a quick, easy, and cheap chili meal, which i'm all for lately.

F- Favorite color: Yellow... always has been, always will be.  Ask anyone that knows me well

G- Gold or silver: proably silver.  I want to like gold but it just doesn't fit me

H- Height: 5'5"ish

I- I am: moving on to bigger, better things in life.  It's all about change for the better, even if it means rough times ahead to get to that green pasture in life.

J- Job: lately... "just" a mom (you mom's know what i mean).  Part-time clerk, full time secretary (just wish i got paid for the secretary part).  Someday... someday... someday i'll be something.  Not sure what as of yet, but i'm open to it.

K- Kids: 3 of them.  Two boys and a girl.  I like to call them my bookend boys, one older and one younger.  They are there for my little girl, got her squished right there in the middle, just the way i like it.  And i'm amazed by all three of them.  I'm glad we ended up haveing them so far apart, because i'm able to celebrate that little moment of time with each one of them without them running into each other.

L- Living arrangements: a little home we buit pretty much ourselves.  It's got our blood, sweat and tears wrapped up in it.  The family drama part of it, I could really do without though... REALLY do without.

M-Mom's name: She's always Mom to me.  I've rarely called her by her actual name, it just feels too weird.  It's even weird calling her Grandma.  Needless to say, my kids get really confused when i'm talking about my mom, since they consider her Grandma.  They've only come to the understanding lately that Grandma is really my mom.

N- Nickname: Jo or Joey.  I can usually tell my friends from just aquantances.  If they've just met me, I'm Jolynn.  When it gets to the more comfortable part of our relationship, it moves to Jo.  My true friends, i find, call me Joey.  It feels like... Home.  I'm comfortable being called Joey.

O- Overnight hospital stay: sadly... too many.  Way too many for my age... WAY too many.

P- Pet peeve: Talking to someone and them ignoring me... HATE it!  Yes... HATE it!  Close second:  smoke being blown up my butt or being "humored".  I kinda like being taken seriously sometimes.  I do have an opinion... one that matters even ;-)

Q- Quote from a movie: Lucky...  ( in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice... *giggle*)

R- Right or left handed: Right

S- Siblings: a older sister, a younger brother, and a younger sister.  For the longest time, my brother and i had schoolmates convinced we were twins.  He was just a bit slower and that's why he was in a lower grade.  Looking back, that was a terrible thing to say, but pretty impressive that we kept it up for so long.  I miss my biggest sister terribly right now... there's so much that we both just... get right now.  I'd love to just hang out with her, just to hang out.

T- Time you wake up: i should wake up at 7:00am with the kids, but for some reason my body just doesn't want to.  Thankfully, DarRell is nice enough to get up with the olders, and lets me sleep 20 minutes longer, which is what my body wants to do.  Sure enough, 7:20am and i'm up.  Just like clockwork.

U- Unique thing about your car: my car... meaning my truck, sounds like a deisel truck.  Mind you, it is NOT a diesel.  And sadly, it's now just a glorified car.  It's can't pull anything anymore and it has a lot of problems with it (the "clacking" that makes it sound like a diesel is a bent rod and the electrical problems are a "wait and see what happens" thing) but i can carry a lot of "stuff" in the back... that's always nice.

V- Vegetable you hate: Mashed Potatoes.  Hands down the worst thing ever!  I know, say it, i'm weird.  I can accept that, but i can't accept the mashed up stuff.  *BARF*

W- Ways you run late: gotta be my little man.  He's always got something he "needs" to do before we go anywhere.  It may be nothing, but it's always something with him.  Lately, it's been "i'm falling" as i drag him everwhere. *sigh*  I can't help but love him though

X- X-rays you've had: wow.... remember number "O"?  Ya, this question goes hand in hand with that one

Y- Yummy food you make: Oatmeal Pie... just because i can.

Z- Zoo favorite: Gosh... i don't know.  It's been so long since i've been to the zoo, that i'm not sure what i enjoy anymore.  Last trip to the zoo was not very enjoyable at ALL (morning sickness + zoo = absolute repoltion!).  Can i count see world as a zoo?  Cause i REALLY liked SeaWorld... and Cabellas aquarium.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what fun!! I am so copying this today!!!

The Peterson Press said...

I love love love this!!So cute.

Jess said...

I do believe I will steal this and put it on my blog. it's fun to read interesting facts about you!

Post a Comment