Sunday, February 8, 2009

Friday night = family movie night

Not too long ago we came up with idea of spending Friday night with the kids watching a movie of their choice... or at least a movie they would like. Actually, idea came when we got our new couches. The one couch has a pull out bed in it and just for kicks we decided to pull it out one night and watch a movie. Since then, we've decided that every Friday night would be a good night to just veg out, pull out the hide-away bed, stay up late and watch a movie. It's been a success so far. And instead of having to wake up the kids to get them to their beds, we just let them crash on the couch for the night. It's something they look forward to every Friday night.



This Friday night we watched Igor. It was certainly not what i had expected and a bit disturbing in almost a comical way in some parts. My favorite part? Hands down, the music! The kids enjoyed it. Especially Sam, who has this thing for the name Eva (who happens to be one of the main characters in Igor, and of course, Walle).



Anyways, my point is. It's nice to just hang out with the kids. Definately something we look forward to every week.



Friday night movies coming up:
*City of Ember
*Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
*Open Season 2
*Zoom: Acadamy for Superheroes
*Cheaper by the Dozen 1&2
*Hoot
*Jump In
*Yours Mine & Ours
*Flicka
*Everyone's Hero
*Sky High
*The Last Mimzy


... and well, the list goes on.

WE CAN'T WAIT!!!

and from my favorite song in Igor:


I've got a woman as big as a house yes sir
She's as big as a two family house with a porch and a fence
You won't believe what you see when you look at her
She's enormous collosal tremendous gigantic immense
Why try to deny it
She's just what I like
If she goes on a diet
I'll go on strike
The bigger the figure the better I like her
The better I like her the better I feed her
The better I feed her the bigger the figure
The bigger the figure the more I can love

3 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME MEMORIES FOR THEM & YOU!!! LOVE IT!

The Peterson Press said...

What fun times for the kids. I love the pic with all of them watching the movie. SO CUTE!!!

Heather said...

Big congrats on the potty training, that is huge! We will celebrate that when we go out. Love the Friday night tradition. We own tons of those movies if you ever want to borrow! Hope all is well, I never see you, you didn't move did you?

Post a Comment