Tuesday, June 5, 2007

COLOR is our friend

Lisa, head principle of The School of Scrap, put up a monthly challenge on the School Website. I was actually VERY excited about this challenge! Using crayons on a layout is something I've NEVER done before. After thinking about it for some time, i remembered that i had the perfect pictures to go with the topic.



I'm sure I'm going to be hearing it from Rianne when she gets older about putting her bare butt all over a layout and then spreading it across the whole WWW!

But, as for right now, she's tickled pink that she's on, yet another one of my scrapbook pages. And she finds it hilarious that she's got a naked butt! LOL. Ya we thought it was pretty cute too!



For this layout i was flipping through all my piles and piles of paper to choose from and come across this funky, natural fiber paper stuff. I thought that it'd go pretty good with my layout and i was using it before i even had a second thought about it, which is VERY unusual for me. I usually fret over my papers. In fact, more times than not, i spend much,much, MUCH more time picking out paper than i do putting the whole thing together. Ya - it's a pretty sad sight. I had three pictures of my naked beauty to work with and decided that all three were just too cute to pass up so i used them all. I enlarged one, shrunk one down, and then left the other as a 4x6. I really wanted to make the emphasis of the page on her naked little behind. I sewed the edge of the larger picture to frame it and matted the head on one to make it stand out a little bit more. I printed out the words and the arrows and then colored in them using my kids crayons. Cut them out and then outlined them in black marker to make them pop out a little. Used some of my favorite AC flowers as a accent and VOILA! a cute layout! Although i think the pictures make the layout, not so much the layout itself.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I absolutely ADORE this layout of yours... It is striking and the crayons really just 'set' it off doesn't it?!?

Post a Comment