Tuesday, August 19, 2008

10 things a mom did today tag

Ten things a mom did today that nobody will notice....

The day is young still, but so far:
1. bathed Sam. It won't be one hour before the kid looks like he hadn't had a bath in a week
2. put away the million cereal boxes the kids left out. Obviously I've given them too many choices in cereal.
3. dropped everything i was doing and visited with Dick. I'm sure it will only be one of the many many times he'll stop by today to visit (although i got a great trade off! I have about 20-30 minutes of me time before Grandpa brings Sam back from their "walk").
4. looked over our budget AGAIN.
5. scoured the house looking for the "hidden" binkies so naptime won't be meltdown time (what i did during my "me" time in line 3).
6. changed AND took out to the trash (out on the street no less) a million (or so it seems) diapers (which happens to be one of Daylons chores. I guess i'll give him a little slack since he's at school right now LOL).
7. mentally planned dinners for the rest of the week. Note to self: we are out of chicken
8. picked up and put away the dozens of shoes laying around the house. No wonder we can't find any shoes around here, none of them are where they belong.
9. turned off all the lights behind the kids. I'm guessing our house is too dark and every light needs to be on?
10. pulled out my camera and took pictures of the kids on their first day of school... and continued to click away all morning long. I haven't had my camera out for nearly a month. I don't think i'm doing anyone any favors here. I miss having new pictures on my computer.

Like i said, the day is still young. It's not even 11:00am right now so the big stuff is still to come.

Yup, it's a pretty thankless job (thanks for reminding me of that Brandy). If i were to show this list to anyone else, they'd call me a whiner. But, then again, i'm not whining. I'm (trying to?) enjoying my SAHM status even though i'd LOVE to get out of the house and feel like i'm doing something productive throughout the day. But these are the things that keep this household moving along. I really need to remember that. They are things that nobody would particularly notice, but if i didn't keep doing it, we'd all fall apart at the seams sooner or later.

ok - so........ i'm tagging: Jayme, Shallon and Jessica (my side of the family has already been tagged)

0 comments:

Post a Comment