Friday, February 13, 2009

not a complete loss

Sunday, when we should have been at church (and we REALLY were going to go this sunday) but didn't go because Rianne was still hacking up a lung, i did this: She has so many pants that are too short or have massive holes in the knees but she can't bear to part with them. So I made a compromise with her and told her i'd make skirts out of them. It ended up being a win-win situation because she LOVES skirts.

It took me about 2 1/2 hours to throw this together and she LOVES it. I wish i had a before picture of the jeans so you could see the whole process. I started by cutting the jeans right at the tore knees as a starting point at how long it would be. The cute little flowers on the side panel are from the bottom half of the pants. You use the bottom half of the jeans as the side panels for the skirt if you want it a bit more full.

Good news is that she will be able to wear this skirt for a LONG time. I'm sure she will grow up out of it before she grows too big in the waist for it.

Now to turn the other half dozen hole-y pants into skirts!


______________________________________
and Kim... yes, i'm talking to you Kim. After we talked Wednesday, I jumped on the treadmill for 50 minutes. I need more of those pep talks ;-)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you JO!!!! you can keep doing this!!! I LOVE THE SKIRT!! will u make me one? ;) I had one my gma made w/ruffles of material @ the bottom & I loved that thing!!!

Debbie Burns said...

LOVE THIS! I'm gonna have to try it with some of my old jeans. Thanks for the idea!

Post a Comment