Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolutions

Yes, i know resolutions are for the strong, which for the most part, i am not. But once again i am going to make them. Not a whole lot of them, just ongoing things that i really need to focus on to make my life, and my outlook on life, better.

So, here it goes:

  1. Lose another 10 lbs. (I'm really trying to being realistic here. First number i put down was 20lbs. I want to be optimistic and think that i can REALLY lose all of those 20lbs, but a girl has got to be realistic... and frankly, this girl likes to eat). I lost 26 lbs in 2009, gained 7 of those pounds back. This year, i want to be able to lose those 7lbs and then some. I know it all starts with eating right, so that's where I'm starting.
  2. Be almost done with my Bachelors degree. I stepped out of my comfort zone last year and really did some soul searching and decided that i needed to do something more with my life. As much as i love staying home with my kids and being a "housewife", i realize that the kids will move out and start their own lives. I want to do something with my life after being just "a mom". So, i decided that school was a must. An associated degree won't get anyone very far so i started the journey to getting my Bachelors Degree in Business Management. I started school at Western Governors University in September of 2009. So far, i have officially completed 13 credit hours with 12 more credit hours in the process of being finished up for the first term. At this rate, i hope to be finished with my degree in about another year, if not less.
  3. Be well on our way to be completely debt free. I believe this was one of last years resolutions? But we got a good start on it, and now we are riding the wave back to the debt free shore. We still have a little bit to go but it feels great knowing we have a plan and that plan is very much in action.
  4. Integrate my "One Little Word" into my everyday life. I've done this for the last two years (first year was Manage, and last year was ReThink). I haven't been 100% successful in keeping with it (although, looking back on 2009... i did a TON of ReThinking. It was a good year for my one little word!), but it's done plenty in getting my thoughts and actions in the right direction. This year I've decided on FOCUS. I will be focusing more on obtaining my goals/resolutions for this year instead of merely just thinking of them.


This year will be a good year.
I have all the power inside of me to make it so... and i will!

and so...

My Wish for You in 2010
May peace break into your home and may thieves come to steal your debts.
May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills.
May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips.
May happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy.
May the problems you had forget your home address.
May you have a stong, healthy, and productive new year!
Happy New Year!!!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Oh how you motivate me...What beautiful goals! Good luck, I know you will kick butt. Heather

Post a Comment