Saturday, December 22, 2007

new years resolution??? Not much done in productivity and COOKIES!

My list from yesterday..... didn't get much done from it:
DONE*clean up the disaster area we call the kitchen after baking with the kids last night
FINISHED COOKIES, STILL GOTTA DO PRETZELS*finish up with cookies and pretzels
NOPE - NOT YET*wrap presents
NOT EVEN CLOSE*fold laundry and put it away
I LOOKED AT IT*i really want to finish up a page I've been working on
NOPE*vacuum, especially downstairs
NOPE*box up the last of the stuff downstairs so we can get ready for the sheet rockers to come in anytime now... we hope.
AND I'LL KEEP THE SAME LIST I GUESS* and so much more to do but I'll leave it at that so maybe i won't be so overwhelmed with so much on my list.

But now it'll look like this:
*finish up pretzels
*wrap presents
*fold laundry and put it away (the kids are home to help me out this time)
*work on that scrapbook page
*vacuum, expecially downstairs
*box up the last of the stuff downstairs so we can get ready for the sheet rockers to come in anytime now... we hope
*and again... so much more to do but that is still a full list so i'll keep it at that


Pretty sad that hardly anything was finished from my list. You'd think i just sit around all day long and do nothing. I honestly don't know where the time went yesterday, other than the kids were home from school early yesterday and i spent the day with them.

I've decided on a scrappy new years resolution! I'm so excited to start it!!! I was reading through the Jan/Feb issue of Simple Scrapbooks and ran across a article called 12 months of memories. I am so going to do this for the next year. Although i still have to narrow down which approch i want to go with. The "Hit the Highlights" or the "Take 12 on the 12th". I'm leaning more towards the "Take 12 on the 12th" but changing it to "Pick 12 for 12", just because i don't like the idea of taking a ton of pictures on one day and choosing from those ones. I want to pick from a month worth of pictures to get a better view into our lives. So a change in name was needed. I'm not sure i like the new name though. I guess i have a few weeks to let it simmer in my head and see if i can come up with something more clever. And i'm really likeing the idea of using a different format size. Maybe 8.5 x 11. Or find a cute mini album i have sitting around. OR... maybe finding a 18x12 watercolor pad. The possiblilities are endless! I love it! I figured that if i keep up with this i won't feel so guilty about not scrapping all my pictures throughout the year. I'll have hit the highlights which is more than what i've even done before... although this year will be a close 2nd if i finish up my mini album i did for TSoS.

Oh, and i got a great idea for Valentines too! Can't wait, just gotta get the goodies i need for it. It'll be super easy and super cute!


And as promiced, my super yummy cookies!


I actually got them from the
Becky Higgins Website. They are SO yummy!!!


Here's the recipe straight from her website:



PEPPERMINT CRUMBLE COOKIES

3/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
2 T. water
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
bag of crumbled peppermint pieces

Melt butter, brown sugar, and water in a saucepan over medium heat until melted and then add the chocolate chips, stirring until completely melted. Cool for 10 minutes. Put this in a mixing bowl and beat in 2 eggs. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix together and chill for about 45 minutes.

Spoon onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. When cookies come out of oven, sprinkle peppermint crumbles on top of the cookie and do not spread. The pieces will get soft at first, but then keep their shape and re-solidify when cool.

*Added comment: No, peppermint crumbles are not the same as crushed peppermint candies or candy canes. The texture is more similar to chocolate chips/crumbles.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

HEY- will you do the 12th thing on here so I can make myself do it too?? LOVE IT!!!!!!
great job on your list btw, YOU should post what you did between the things you were able to check off your list :)

Post a Comment