Monday, October 13, 2008

seven days? really?

Are you serious? it's been seven days since i last posted? i have a good excuse. Every little chance I've had, I've been working on my "week in the life" album. I'm proud to say that i finished it late last night. It took a whole week to put together, and it took on a life of it's own.

I took a cheap album from Wal-Mart that i like and found another cheap one that had a binder mechanism in it that fit the same size i liked. I tore it apart and glued on some patterned paper that i liked. After that dried, I put the binder mechanism in the album that i gutted from the other one.

From there i started putting together pages. My title page is one of the self-portraits that i liked most and put a clock overlay over it. I thought that the saying on it fit the bill.

For each day i made:
*a mosaic of pictures
*the day of the week "the story of today" overlay
*5x7 picture that highlights the day with "3 beautiful things" for the day on the back of it
*the corresponding 3 beautiful things on the previous page in pictures
*the journaling of what happened for that day on the back of the previous page
*the day of the week overlay over 4x6 back to back pictures
*a front and back transparency of memorabilia i collected for the day
*another mosaic of pictures
Here's the whole book:
Cover:

Title page:

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Day 5:


Day 6:


Day 7:


Back page:
Full album:

9 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! WAY TO GO!!! SO INSPIRED!

Yummers! said...

I'm new to your blog via ali edwards. Did youknow you're on her site today?? Your album is really well done. I like your format and love your title page! Did you Modge Podge the inside cover?

I just finished the Twilight Saga last night. I really thought it was fun reading, but I'm anxious to move on. That was a lot of pages. I just pulled '19 Minutes' to start this morning.

Joni

MULTISCRAP said...

Love the whole "set up" of your album. Thanks for sharing - very inspiring.

Iben - Denmark :-)

jendcnguyen said...

Awww great album! Saw it on Ali's blog. Great inspiration! =)

Cheryl Wray said...

This look FABULOUS!!!!!! I wandered over here from Ali' blog...I really wanted to see more from the sample she had up!! It's gorgeous!

I just started doing this project this week (I'm on day 4) and I am really loving doing it.

Anonymous said...

tfs what a great album such an inspiration...Liann M.

Anonymous said...

Your album turned out fabulous! Love it.

Monica said...

Wow!! Fabulous book, Jo!!

Heather said...

Jo, this is really wonderful! I absolutely love it.

Post a Comment