Wednesday, December 17, 2008

10 things...

10 things I'm loving RIGHT now...

1. My new Trans-Siberian Orchestra CD playing while surfing the net.

2. Feeling the warm air from the heater blow on me, warming me up from a FRIGID day at work.

3. The feeling of satisfaction on my homemade Christmas cards. That last little bit of bling made the world of difference.

4. Finding new recipes to try out and feeling confident that they will be keepers.

5. Chap stick for my dry windburned lips.

6. That big hug from my boss. I love that he makes all his employees feel wanted AND needed. Love that man! (and super bummed that there will be no auctions for TWO weeks).

7. The big pile of my childhood classic Christmas movies I picked up today. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (both versions), The Muppet's Christmas Carol, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Clause is Coming to Town. I can't wait to add them to our Christmas movie collection.

8. Anticipation of NOT having to cook dinner tonight! Yay for the ward Family Christmas Party!!! and hopefully great photo-ops with Santa again.

9. That itch to add to my Christmas book collection. I have two. Yes, you read right. Two books. I need some serious help in this department. Especially since we are a family of readers.

10. Coming home from work and finding that the two olders are playing nicely and the baby is napping. I have no idea what happened while i was at work but I'm take in every second of it.

(thanks Kim for a bit of inspiration)
.........................................................................................................................

On another note... something i noticed today that made me a little sad.

I've been reading all over the place how people aren't excited about the holiday season this year. That times are tough, therefore, putting a downer on all the usually chipper festivities. Yes, I've noticed that times are tougher. We are actually living it right now. We are struggling to live from month to month. But for the life of me, i don't understand why that should make such a HUGE impact on the holiday season. I believe that Christmas is in your heart. We don't need all the fanfare to make Christmas, well... Christmas.

Which brings me to what i noticed today that made me just a little sad. I was walking through Wal-Mart picking up that last little bit of stuff i need to do some baking and noticed that there was NO music playing. What's up with that? Are things so bad that we can't even enjoy a little Holiday music? I immediately came home and dug out all my holiday CD's and started listening to them. I've never noticed how much i missed all the music until there isn't any.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awe YOU were inspired by ME?? or was it guilt??? lol w/e I am grateful ... great list!!

our walmart started the christmas music the day after halloween & hasn't stopped that I am aware of anyway.

Heather said...

You are so right! Here's to celebrating the season because it's the birth of our Savior, with no attachments. I am starting right this minute!

Post a Comment